Thursday, November 17, 2011

China Glaze Crackle in Black Mesh over B Collection by Bloom in Rio

I felt inspired by a recent post by Nihrida - www.nihrida.com - Loving her blog right now :)
I used China Glaze Crackle in Black Mesh over B Collection by Bloom in Rio. Great combo in theory, but i had alot of things go wrong here :(



This was the first time using Rio. I thought it would be a nice bright 'summer' type of red, as it isn't a true red, it is a bit more orange/coral looking. As soon as i started putting it on i knew this was gonna be crappy. It was so runny! It went everywhere :( I had no control at all. But it was opaque in one coat, and i was going to go over it with the crackle anyway. I waited about 20mins, and it felt dry, so i started to put the crackle over..... It didnt crack well at all. Then to top it off it pulled some of the colour away, leaving it looking patchy, ugh!


Its blury, but you can see where it has pulled the colour away. Also the crappy cracking.......
Well as much as i hated it to start with, it's kinda growing on me :) Might try this one again with a different red.

Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment